Welcome to the 2017 NFPW STATE AFFILIATE CONTESTS
This contest site is for entrants from:
Alabama • Alaska • Arkansas • California • Connecticut • Delaware • Idaho • Illinois • Indiana • Iowa • Kansas • Missouri • Nebraska • New Mexico • North Dakota • Ohio • Pennsylvania • South Carolina • South Dakota • Texas • Virginia
Residents of states other than those listed above may enter the At-large contest
DEADLINE: This contest will close at 11:59 p.m. in your time zone on
Tuesday, January 17, 2017: Early Bird discount period. Be an early bird and save $25.
Monday, February 6, 2017: Contest Deadline. A $25 fee will be added to the first entry submitted after January 17. All other fees remain the same.
Let's get started!
1. Please read all instructions below before you begin.
2. Click the RULES tab in the navigation bar above to read the contest rules and regulations BEFORE you click the REGISTER link in the upper right corner of this page. To register, enter your email address in the box that will appear on your screen. Click "Submit."
3. Fill out the Entrant Form after you have read the Rules page. At the end of the Entrant form, create a username and password. Before leaving the Entrant Form, you must click "SAVE" in order that the entered information is not lost.
· The first section on the form requires that you indicate
o Membership Status: “Member” or “Non-Member.” Select “Non-Member” only if you are not a member of an NFPW affiliate. NOTE: If you are not a member of an NFPW state affiliate but would like to join and pay for contest entries at the member rate, you must join before you register and begin to submit entries. As soon as you have confirmed “Member” status with your affiliate, you may register and select "Member" when prompted.
To become a member of the National Federation of Press Women and enjoy the many benefits of state and national membership, please click this link: Join NFPW.
o State Affiliate: Choose the state name of your NFPW affiliate contest from the dropdown box to enter a discrete contest for that state only. Or if the affiliate in your state is not holding a contest this year, choose At-large.
· The second section is Contact and Account Information. If you entered an electronic NFPW affiliate contest in the past, previously entered information will populate the fields on your screen. You may change your password or any information that has changed since you last entered.
· The last line is Account Information. Create and write down a simple username and password for yourself. They may be identical, and they may be the same as the username and password you used in a previous NFPW affiliate contest. They will be required each time you come back into the contest.
At the end of the page, you will be asked to check a small box marked "I agree to competition rules." Before you click the link beside the checkbox to read the contest rules . . .
· Click “SAVE” (there are SAVE buttons at the top and the bottom of the page).
4. Enter username and password in the LOGIN area at top right corner of this page to access the contest. To return to the contest after logging out, you need only the username and password. Here’s what you will find when you login:
Home: A step-by-step outline of the entire contest process.
Rules: Guidelines about
o Eligibility o Deadlines o Categories o Entry Fees o Judging o Award recognition
· Add Entry: The entry site. Click this tab to get an entry form with all of your contact information already filled in.
· View/Edit Entries & Pay: This tab gives access to each of your entries to assess their status, to make any changes, and to submit your work.
· Pay (same page as View/Edit Entries): Whether paying by credit card or check, you will see the total of what you owe.
· FAQ: Clickfor answers to frequently asked questions. If the answer is not there, you will find contact information for getting help.
· Contact Us: Should you run into a problem and need help, simply click this tab and reach out.
5. Good luck and have fun!